Wind Energy is on the Rise. As the infrastructure and technology improve, delivering cleanly produced energy to your home is becoming more economical and therefore popular. Right now, about 4.6% of United States energy production comes from wind. The Energy.gov Wind Vision Report dove into the question of what would happen if 35% of US energy was derived from wind power and the results are intriguing.
Key findings from the report include:
- The price of wind energy is projected to be directly competitive with conventional energy technologies within the next decade.
- Wind energy could be a viable source of renewable electricity in all 50 states by 2050.
- Wind energy could support more than 600,000 jobs in manufacturing, installation, maintenance and supporting services by 2050.
- Wind energy could save $508 billion from reduced pollutants and $280 billion in natural gas costs by 2050.
- Wind energy could save 260 billion gallons of water that would have been used by the electric power sector by 2050.
That’s a pretty good argument for investing heavily into wind power.