Gardening and growing food anywhere
Growing your food (or at least part of it) is an essential skill to learn when moving off grid or striving for a more self-sufficient lifestyle. We’ve all seen how world events have affected commercial food supplies and prices in recent years. Knowing exactly where our food comes from – and having the knowledge to grow our own – is the best way to combat food supply uncertainty and ensure the safety and quality of what we feed ourselves and our families.
Many people believe that they can’t grow food if they don’t have a plot of land for a garden. Fortunately, there are many ways to grow food that result in surprisingly high yields without massive garden plots. Whether you have acres of land for farming or just a kitchen windowsill, you have options to supplement your food supply.
Most recent in gardening
- 11 Easy Ways To Keep Chicken Water From Freezing
- The Ultimate Off-Grid Gift Guide For 2023
- What Is Upcycling, And Why Is It Important?
- 25 Best Vertical Pallet Garden Ideas & DIY Basics
- Living Roof Basics: Efficient, Beautiful, Green Spaces
- Off Grid Communication: Staying Connected Off the Grid